- Securities Litigation
- Antitrust Litigation
- Consumer Class Action Litigation
- Whistleblower Litigation
state bar memberships
C. Andrew Dirksen
Attorney At Law
- location Boston, Massachusetts
- phone 857-453-6555
Charles Andrew Dirksen joined the firm in 2000 and manages the firm’s Boston office, which opened in 2014. Mr. Dirksen devotes his practice to litigation representing clients in complex multidistrict antitrust class action matters. He has assisted in recovering more than one billion dollars for clients and other class members. Mr. Dirksen served as Co-Lead Counsel for the class plaintiffs on numerous cases, including:
- In re Titanium Dioxide Antitrust Litigation (D.Md.) After more than a year of investigation, the firm’s client Haley Paint Company initiated price-fixing litigation in February 2010 in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland before Judge Richard D. Bennett. Settlements of $163.5 million were obtained without the benefit of any governmental or regulatory investigation or proceeding. The last defendant settled on the Friday before trial was set to begin on Monday.
- In re Rubber Chemicals Antitrust Litigation (N.D.Cal.) Recovered $320 million for our clients and class members who purchased several types of rubber chemical products directly from defendants in this price-fixing case that was prompted by a Department of Justice grand jury investigation.
- In re EPDM Antitrust Litigation (D.Conn.) More than $99 million was recovered for direct purchasers of the synthetic rubber ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM).
- In re Plastics Additives Antitrust Litigation (E.D.Pa.) Recoveries of nearly $47 million were obtained for direct purchasers of organotin heat stabilizers, MBS and acrylic impact modifiers, acrylic processing aids, and epoxidized soybean oil.
- In re Methionine Antitrust Litigation (N.D.Cal.) Settlements with defendants totaling $107 million were achieved for the benefit of direct purchasers of methionine, an animal feed additive.
Mr. Dirksen has represented plaintiffs in dozens of other antitrust actions in a variety of industries. Among his other matters are: In re Capacitors Antitrust Litigation, In re Urethane Antitrust Litigation (Polyether Polyols Cases); In re Vehicle Carrier Services Antitrust Litigation; and In re Cast Iron Soil Pipe Antitrust Litigation. Mr. Dirksen also has defended a company targeted by the California Attorney General’s office in a civil antitrust investigation, and worked extensively on several of the firm’s securities fraud matters, including In re CBT Securities Litigation.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Dirksen worked in Washington, D.C., at a large firm as a paralegal on a variety of complex antitrust matters. He assisted in the defense of corporate clients involved in individual and class action litigation, as well as federal Department of Justice and state attorneys general grand jury investigations.
In law school, Mr. Dirksen interned in the Special Prosecution Unit of the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office. After law school, Mr. Dirksen performed work for clients engaged in products liability, patent and maritime litigation until he joined the firm in 2000.
Mr. Dirksen is admitted to practice in all California and Massachusetts state courts; in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California; in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts; and in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Dirksen received his B.A. magna cum laude from Boston College and his J.D. from the University of San Francisco School of Law. During law school, he served as the Article Editor of USF’s Maritime Law Journal.
Mr. Dirksen is a member of the State Bar of California and the American Bar Association. He serves as Vice President and Associate General Counsel to The Mockingbird Foundation, an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) charitable organization that has raised and distributed over $800,000 to music education programs for children.